Sunday, April 7, 2013

Super Size Syma Helicopter

I'm very interested in the Syma S033G, a helicopter they're selling as a scaled-up version of the S107 family of helicopters, which I love. You can fly it outside. Otherwise it has the same tough aluminum construction and the clever horizontal tail rotor. It's on 27 MHz rather than 2.4 GHz, though, and for me that may be a deal breaker. My Mini Beetle Quadcopter was $42 and it HAS 2.4 GHz.

Check it out here. $42.95 at Nitro Planes.

Here's a great youtube review.

Syma-type helicopters seem to be marketed under a lot of different brand names, by the way. I can't say that the Gyro U6 is a scaled-up Syma, but it sure looks like one:


By the way, "Syma" seems to be prounounced "sigh-mah."
 
* * *

Video by Luis Cosme used under a creative commons license

No comments:

Post a Comment